Files.fm Library will be created by joining the best technologies and practices from both centralized and decentralized worlds. Both of these network types have their advantages and disadvantages, so Files.fm will combine them both to limit their drawbacks and accentuate their perks.
Bittorrent and other decentralized P2P networks are known for not being very reliable, as any file can become inacessible at any time and the user interface is usually lacking. While the classic centralized client-server architecture has a scalability problem — as the number of users increases, speed drops but service costs increases.
In the Files.fm platform, P2P is used and interconnected in two main components:
- For decentralized file sharing between users, based on adapted P2P Torrent framework and Files.fm functionality;
- Independent and direct payment system between peers (seller-buyer) based on FFM blockchain.
P2P file sharing technology is used to ensure system growth, speed and be cost-effective — to implement massive file sharing for a large and fast-growing number of users to achieve these targets:
- fast download speed;
- unlimited traffic;
- able support thousands of simultaneous users and traffic spikes;
- reduce service maintenance fees;
- independent file exchange.
Reasons why blockchain payments are implemented:
- The level of transparency and independence that blockchain provides;
- All transactions, sales and licenses are registered on a public ledger and turn immutable;
- We would like to use tokens as independently exchangeable digital currency;
- FFM tokens will allow for users, doers, customers and creators to become a part of the platform’s economy and value;
- Crypto token transactions will cost less than credit cards and will enable direct and fast payments internally, to avoid “standard 3% + 0.30” commissions, which in turn allows users to implement and execute micropayments;
- Simplified Value Flow: One of the token applications in the product will be file sales, without involving heavy/slow current payment gateways.
Our core focus will be on the usability of the system and convenience. We will integrate P2P tech usage very transparent for end users — no need to learn how blockchain works or install and configure any software. Users will be able to participate in the network by just opening Files.fm website (via web browser) and we will integrate options to buy/sell tokens and create wallets if needed. Lot of automation and smart contract integrations.